View Single Post
Old 08-02-2008, 06:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I have dizzying anxiety about alot of things. I'm slowly starting to develop acute agoraphobia because of it. I don't like being out of my home, or out driving. I only feel safe when I'm somewhere and staying there for a while.

My panic attacks are terrible. I feel like I can't breathe and I end up heaving and getting air out by coughing anything and everything up (I've coughed up blood before from trying to get air out so hard)

I HATE when everyone tells me to calm down, and slow my breathing. It gets me more worked up because I just get mad and frustrated cuz I can't just calm down and breathe. I can't communicate when I'm having a panic attack so I get even more worked up when people ask 'what's wrong, what do you need?' and I can't answer.

But the worst part is the pre-panic attack. The thought of getting a panic attack causes me to hyperventilate and it's agony just waiting for it to start. The pre-panic usually lasts for like 15-20 mins then I have the attack but when I was on ativan, it made that 20 min pre-panic stretch out into HOURS and I was litterally BEGGING for a panic attack that would never come.

The xanax I have now stops the pre-panic dead in its tracks which is good, but I still have anxiety that I'm going to have panic attacks.

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand."
—Randy Pausch

"Thanks for this!" says:
Brokenfriend (08-03-2008), Pamster (08-03-2008)