View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 03:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frogga View Post
Heya

Firstly.. don't realy know what to suggest. It might not be spreading - i know that before it did go full body I used to worry every pain was RSD.... it could be that your compensating for your arm pain with your legs (how!?? i know).

washing - i cant bear a shower.... it hurts so much you just want to scream and scream and die.. so we gave up on them.. I either bath or have really soft bed baths.. like using a really soft sponge and filling a sink with hot water and shower gel and then washing (well. with me. being washed. ) you can also make a thing so that you can tie it to your forearm if thats easier - I used to have one so even though i couldnt hold it i could sort of do bits... hair - mum/ carer does it over the bath OR you could get it washed in hairdressers every week? (they are usually gd if you explain you cant wash your hair..). or do the other thing which is increase the desense. I know that with me we have cut down baths/ showers/ bed baths to twice a week to reduce the amount of pain i have to go through (its bad enough without adding water!) ... reckon that every 3 days is enough not to smell (esp when you can't move) also.... use antibacterial wipes for hands/ face etc.. then only dealing with damp not wet.. (so no water droplets).

have you densesed into gloves?? (i wear them as much as poss now to stop air touching me... I know. pathetic). If you have then wear them when cooking. I used to hate hot / cold and was well known for poking hot/ cold stuff with a wooden spoon along the counter to avoid touching it. (which is probaly not a good thing). you can get longer cutlery and stuff to avoid the heat from the food and also maybe you could put insulator tape on your pans?:?

anywy, hope you feel better soon or that you feel you are coping better soon!!

rxxxxx
Thanks, hon....My boyfriend actually suggested baths last night, and picked up a one of those long hoses with the spray ends on it so I can wash my hair. We just instlled a new shower head, cuz the stream on the old one was too strong...it hurt when it hit my skin. Now this one is softer, and I just hurt more. Yeah...it is bad to avoid things tht hurt, cuz you don't desensitize. But I noticed last week that I can no longer hold a taco to eat it cuz it's too warm now. I had to wrap a napkin around it to eat it until it cooled off. I have started wearing potholders just to stir my food when I cook....and I look pretty silly doing it. I have a pair of gloves that my SO bought me that is VERY soft inside that I can wear outdide also. They are the only ones I've found that don't hurt...and yes, it's to keep the air off of my hands. I've even worn them on hot windy days in the summer to keep the hands out of the breeze.

I've already taken to showering every other day and I don't like that. I LOVE my showers. Helps me to relax. .... or USED TO anyway. now it's just stressful.

Hugs
LisaM
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote