Thread: Ot-koala
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 04:49 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I just wanted to tell you all that I had a wonderful relaxing time away. It was bitterly cold the whole time though so thank goodness for warm coats and ducted heating in our host and hostess's house!

It was funny at the airport! We got in and couldn't see any sign of my board buddy. She sent me a photo and I was sure I'd recognise her. Unfortunately she wasn't there when we disembarked from the plane, and we looked everywhere. In the end I phoned her, and there was this young lady standing almost in front of me, talking to ME on her cell phone! That was so funny!

We arrived on Tuesday (our time) and just relaxed out Tuesday afternoon and evening, except for taking her 2 gorgeous dogs for a walk. One is a Jack Russell/Corgi cross, and the other is a Beagle. Both are so cute! They shake hands and do 'Hi fives'! I went walking with my friend every day when she took the dogs for walks.

Wednesday we went sightseeing in the country. My friend lives out in the country, and I took some photos which I'll get around to posting in my album soon.

On Friday we caught the train into the city, and went to see my DH's mom in the Nursing Home.....she has early dementia. We had intended taking her out for lunch, but when we got there she wasn't feeling well and had put herself to bed, so we ended up just sitting with her for a few hours, and being introduced to all the staff and her friends in the home.

In the evenings we watched DVDs. We saw a comedy called BoysBand, then a Michael Buble concert which was fabulous, and finished up with Get Smart which was very funny.

Time flew by and we arrived home yesterday only to find a message on our answering machine letting us know that some good friends had come to visit while we were away. We hadn't seen them in over 7 years but not to worry, we've been friends for 20 years and there'll be other times.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (08-03-2008), SallyC (08-03-2008), Twinkletoes (08-04-2008), who moi (08-03-2008)