View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 07:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ides View Post
To my knowledge there is no urine test for Crohn's disease. If that were so, then things like the capsule endoscopy [camera pill] to examine the small bowel would never had to be invented. If you have been having on and off gut issues for some time, you owe it to yourself to get a colonoscopy to check for inflammatory bowel disease. I let them tell me for 25 years that I had IBS. I was so sick of complaining about my bowel issues to the docs I stopped complaining. Then when all then other issues popped up, neuropathy, severe arthritis, EN, avascular necrosis of the hips - all caused by untreated Crohn's - my gut issues could no longer be ignored. I wish I had been more insistent.
OMG. I am so sorry. I was thinking of Cushings. (I have had so many tests.)
I looked up Crohn's again. (paying greater attention) It could almost fit my "IBS" Situation. The Gasto put me on Antibiotics. (The strongest ones available) and they worked.... as long as I was on them. I took them for over a year. (Before this I was having MAJOR bowel problems. Diarrhea almost every day- which is why my pediatrician thought I was lactose intolerant...which after they finally tested me i was not.) Now that I am off of the antibiotics again. It is not too bad. But every so often I will get a flare up, that fits. My question is: Could Crohn's cause my earlier problems... and then these now? I saw when I looked it up that it might be caused by an autoimmune problem... possible connection, maybe? I will have to ask the Dr's on the 15th. (They aren't gastro, but they might be able to help.)
Macophile is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote