View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 07:04 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

WOW, sweetie, it sounds like you have been through it, and are scared to death and wandering the bad lands looking for a home.

There are more than 100 diseases that can mimic MS.

B12 def, lyme, lupus, sjogrens, devics, and so forth. many many to check out.

If you go to an MS MD, they tend to see MS things. MS is usually the culprit after the blood tests rule out things like vitamin stuff, and lyme. (btw the lyme test should be send to a special lab, as most labs come up with false positives on that one) If you go to a Rheumatologist, they will point out arthritis type things.

medicine isnt something that you walk, or get dragged into someone's office and they say..."hmm, i think you have xyz." what normally happens is they start to rule stuff out. Ok, your Vit B12 level looks great, so its not that. Your lyme titer was great, so its not that and you have both sided symptoms at the same time, so its not this...see where I am going? so, after being handed a bucket with 100 things in it, its the MDs job to sort out which one of those tags most closely fits YOUR profile, symptoms and blood work.

This is why so many get left on Limbo isle for so long. The MD only looks at HIS part of the puzzle. Ok, its not MS, so we are gonna send you back to yoru primary care MD. ok, its not devics, so we are sending you back to your primary care MD. This is why is uber/mega important to have a primary care MD do the quarter back stuff for you. Be the lead dog.

Could it be MS? well, sure, O Bands in spinal fluid dont normally show up unless you are in an ACTIVE period of flair. 3 lesions, normal Spinal, and I dont know about your blood, but normal VEP tends to make them want to look elsewhere. ASk your primary care person (PCP) to start with the easy stuff. lets do a full round of bloods and start knocking out some easily proved or disproved ones.

I know its not the perfect answer but I hope it helps you find directions and guidance. If you dont like/trust your PCP. please get a new one who will untangle the puzzle with you.

hang in there.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DM (08-03-2008), jprinz99 (08-04-2008), SallyC (08-03-2008), sunnyday (08-03-2008)