View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 09:47 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

For downloads you are legally allowed to make one physical copy. I have to look up the law to see how this reads exactly but honestly, here is an area that I agree is kind of gray. It's really about intent. I feel that making copies for your own personal use is fine. No one is going to come into your home and arrest you for that! Abusing this stuff on a large scale is what's caused the crackdown to be so stringent.

Re: your son's music, I'm not 100% sure what you mean. If he is the legal owner he can do whatever he wants with his music! That's what this is all about -- what the owner wants to do. A while ago a discussion like this came up on another board and a person was insisting that the internet was like public library and if it was up online, we are all "entitled". The two points to that are that first of all, it's not a "lending" situation and secondly, the real issue is that these things are put up online not by the owners and without their permission. If you own it and want to put it up online so that people can download it for free, no problem!!!!

Does that answer your question?

Last edited by Bearygood; 08-03-2008 at 10:04 AM.
Bearygood is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote