View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 10:39 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

To carry on the mystery of this condition...

I don't actually now believe C to be the culprit. I'm thinking more about the acidity of foods. Or foods that cause me heartburn.

For example, I had eaten a few garlic flavored crackers just shortly before bed last night. I woke up halfway through the night with burps, garlic taste in the mouth, and burning mouth. Even this morning, still garlic, still burpy, still burning mouth.

I don't usually eat right before bedtime. Perhaps that's why I wake up burn free on most days? It's normally nighttime before the burning comes on. I noted that it doesn't burn on days or nights when I haven't eaten something that makes me gassy.

So next experiment. I'm going to try taking a 24 h antacid tablet daily when I wake up before eating. Going to see if this helps. I noticed that all through my time on steroids before, my mouth was much much better. I was taking 1 of these 24h tablets daily upon waking. I also noted that the mouth was better as well when I did the Candida cleanse diet for a month +, and during that time I was eating such a strict diet of foods, I was avoiding things that caused me stomach upset.

I'm now curious... while I do believe that I have partially PN caused by MS contributing to this mess, is it possible that I have a bacteria in the stomach that's adding to it as well? Hrm!
05/2008 - Relapse
05/2008 to 02/2009 - Copaxone
10/2011 - Relapse - Optic Neuritis developed
9/2012 - Relapse - Balance issues 1 sided
8/2012 - Erythema Nodosum - diagnosed 10/2012, reaction to Topiramate (Topamax)
April 7/14 - Raynaud's Syndrome DX
dmplaura is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote