Thread: Tragic!
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 05:13 PM
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member
Young Senior Elder Member

15 yr Member

It was called to my attention Friday morning by a very wise woman that honored me with a meeting, not to lose sight of the fact that the vets are calling the hotlines and that's very different from killing themselves.

I learned so much that I have to digest it all before trying to share it....I have a lot to unlearn about suicide...and according to her I haven't really shared my passion for the subject...I need to get busy!

I ranted and raved about how awful support groups have proved to be and how tired I am of recommending them to people who are in anguish only to be more hurt by attending one. I got no sympathy...she wondered why I have waited so long to start one...why I hadn't been to one of the facilitators seminars...why I only get one newsletter when there are so many good ones out there and why doesn't our city have intervention....well, I could go on and on but I really have to think about it all.

We are home...my sister has tests tomorrow and we are very worried about her. Thank you for the wonderful thread...Barbo is unable to respond to it at this time.

Hugs for the room.

Alffe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tovaxin_lab_rat (08-03-2008), who moi (08-03-2008)