Thread: Mistake on MRI
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2008, 09:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Mistake on MRI

Yes, can you believe it. I picked up the hard copy of my MRIs this week and all looked great. No new lesions, no enhancement. I was so happy.

Then I started to read more then the impression part. The findings on one stated I had increased in prominence and intensity. I went wild and I do mean wild. Those of you who know me, know what I mean. My entire world came to an end... Yes, I take things too hard. It seemed my drug was not working.

My neuro would not return call. I had to go to GP the next day as ill, so I took my reports. I cried so hard as I told her to read them. She could not see how everything could be good and still an increase. She said maybe it was a mistake and called the radiologist. Yes, I was a mistake. It was to have read decreased. So the good news is all was great with my mri.

I do not understand how a mistake like this could have happened. My neuro did not catch it and it is just luck my GP cared enough to check on it. I don't know if the radiologist put in the wrong info or if it was a typo, but what if it had not been caught. I would have prob stopped my working drug or I would be scared for the next 6 mo that everything was getting worse.

I know we are all human, but these people have extensive training and are not expected to make mistakes. This is why we pay the big bucks for an mri. Mri mistakes can mean the dif between life and death for some and so many other things. I still can't believe they messed up.

~ Sheena~
sheena is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bearygood (08-03-2008), Dejibo (08-04-2008), Twinkletoes (08-03-2008)