View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 06:39 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Don't worry about not knowing about what panhypopituitary means - heck, most doctors do not either. Pan = most or all, hypo = low and pituitary (but most consider it to be just to cause dwarfism, not other issues, sadly) so it basically means that overall pituitary function is low and since the pituitary is the master gland, well, things tend to not work so well.
I don't have a thyroid, adrenals, ovaries and part of my pituitary was removed - all surgeries as they had tumors, cysts or were diseased. But really I am I am fine... but the result is that I have to to take all replacement hormones and try to mimic what a body does normally so when I am sick or stressed, trying to guess what I need without causing further damage is just... and also there is just no really replacing what the body does naturally even though I take as many bio-equivalents as possible. But somehow I feel my whole day is ruled by taking medication.
It is lonely but... you can find ways to manage. Not being able to use your your muscles effectively makes staying at home feel bad. I have to get help cleaning even though I am here. I cannot do things I used to do like decorating and simple cleaning and even microwaving, I use a stool to sit on to wait and sometimes need a stool to stand on to as I cannot raise my arms high enough when I am standing on the floor.
I guess since this has been my case for a long time... I have started to adjust. I just go back to bed when I am tired. I don't fight it anymore. If I want to do something, I give up on bathing! I have a shower chair which helps as well as a bar so I don't fall out of the bath. I tend to choke a lot though - it seems my MG is high up.