View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 10:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default SI Joint dysfunction and back pain--relieved i hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendaschoenherr View Post
I had SI fixation on 9/25/07, I have my life back! and overall I am pain free!
Thanks for your post! I' m curious to know your approx. age. I am 74, had my first lumbar fusion at 34 and now I will have a 15th surgery of spinal area (SI fusions) Sept.3. I've known no one who has gone thru this. Being I survived a 12 hour 're-do' of my lumbar spine, I think I can handle the surgery---and I hope and pray I can get rid of the pain I now have--at least cut-back. I've had outer thigh pain, even into ankle, in muscle of lower leg, and much tightening and pain of both sides of my "bum." I sleep poorly. Lately I got tired of THAT, got up and took a pain pilll then, and now in the AM I have a few hours where I am in a tolerable state. Prior to that, I'd wake up and tears would come to my eyes. NOt the way to start a day! Did you wear a corset or something like it? With all my fusions I have 12 in the corner of my basement. None was mentioned so I'm hoping I can get by and just be careful. The Dr's nurse said i could do NOTHING fo SIX mos, could carry a plate, a book, or a small purse--looked at me and said," I see you use a small purse!" I told her I've had 7 neck fusions and Im not the type that needs to carry my life in a purse so I'm all set!

Hope to hear from you!

Jetty
Jetty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote