View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 07:18 PM
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member
Yappiest Elder Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by megveg View Post
When I was at church the other day, the question was asked "how do you pray?" and it got me thinking.

How do you pray?

Before I go to bed at night I do what I call 'The 10' and I pray for 10 people/groups of people.

I start out with:
I want to pray for ________.
I pray that _________.

and do it for 10 people.

and then I get to the 'asking' part of it.
I pray for strength, support, and guidance.

I don't feel there is a certain way to pray, but this way works for me, but I was wondering if any of you had a special way to pray.

(If you don't feel comfortable sharing, because you believe this is a private and personal matter, I understand, I just ask that you don't flame me for being curious. )
can i flame you for being curious?

sometimes my lil'ole brain pops out these eloquent (sp) beautiful prayers. goes back to my sunday school teaching days and all the theology courses we took i guess.

sometimes it's just a little blessing type. i dont always reply to all the need of prayers here, buti do read and stop right there and then and pray.

sometimes it's like talking to an elder, sometimes like a brother or friend. those times happen spontaniously. i know he is right there with me. not to be ignored, so we talk. i listen real hard too.

i will say i love reading prayer books.

good question meg. ty.

Curious is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (08-04-2008), DM (08-05-2008), megveg (08-04-2008)