View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 07:19 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

How do I pray you ask?

Prayer is a quiet spiritual dialogue for me.

As an evolutionary biologist, some may find it odd that I can be spiritual, but in fact many most of us are spiritual in one way or another.

A Real Example:
Imagine being in the Mojave desert when the temperature is over 120F and you feel like you are with Dante,.., and you know that you have to return to the same site the following day. Prayer is not even a part of the equation at the time, just persistence and the hope that you can get to the motel before you melt.

THEN,.., you return to the same site the very next day before sunrise, moving slowly along a desolate dirt road that is fifty miles from the nearest human.

When you get to the site, it is still dark and you know that you are going to be alone for the rest of what is expected to be another hard and hot day.

The sun is just starting to illuminate the desert mountains in a purple-gray color but something is strange about this particular scene, so you get out of your truck for a better view. The truck door is opened to an odd and cool breeze so you get back into the truck quickly. You doze off for a few moments...

Then the sun rises enough to make things clear...and the 120F of the previous day is washed away when you see that the entire desert is covered with snow...cold white pillow-like snow.

It is then that in silence I am spiritual.

-Vic
Victor H is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AfterMyNap (08-04-2008), Bannet (08-04-2008), DM (08-05-2008), Doody (08-06-2008), megveg (08-04-2008)