View Single Post
Old 08-04-2008, 09:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I think it might be best is to find someone who is a registered dietician with an interest in an all-raw diet. You can call a local university, to see if they have a referall line. Here is a link that might be of some help:
http://www.eatright.org/cps/rde/xchg...xsl/index.html

In addition, there is the McDougall Diet...that is basically an all raw diet.
You can check out this Dr.'s website and books for what I suspect will be very sound nutritional advice:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/

From what I remember, Dr. McDougall advocates eating a wide variety of fruits and vegetables, plus also taking a B12 supplement. I think he suggests other supplements sometimes.

How much methyl. B12 do you take? I have heard of many folks taking the 5000 tablet daily with no side effects and in fact...feeling better from this alone. You can try 3000 at first and take it early in the morning. Also, be careful about the injections. There are some folks who have a slight allergic reaction to them. Therefore, it could be better to stop them or cut back on them. The tablet alone is likely sufficient. It's something to research and ask the doctor about...(also check on this site for b12 threads...there is much info.)

Also, are you seeing a neurologist? If you are seeing one, would you consider getting a second opinion? Is it possible that any medications you are taking are causing some of your symptoms? Would your current doctor be willing to work with a dietician?

The library often has really good sources.
Three of my favorite books include:
Food and Mood by Elizabeth Summers
Food, Your Miracle Medicine by Jean Carper
and SuperFoods by Steven Pratt

In the last book, the following foods were listed and super healthy/super foods...most of which are vegetarian and can be eaten raw:
beans
blueberries
broccoli
oats
oranges
pumpkin
soy
spinach
tea
tomatoes
walnuts

others
wild salmon
turkey

I have enjoyed improvement in my symptoms by avoiding junk food and eating many of the foods mentioned above. In addition, I take vitamins; including the B vitamins. I see my Dr. regularly and get exercise when I am able. My doctor has an interest in nutrition, but this is unusual. I suspect, most folks will have to either seek the advice of a dietician or nutritionist. Another avenue to try would be a integrative physician ... who would likely look at your diet and vitamins or would be most willing to work closely with a dietician on your case.

Wishing you well.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote