View Single Post
Old 11-02-2006, 09:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default SSDI Game of Twista

Okay - so back in June I applied for SSDI locally at the SSDI Office. Provided everything I needed and than some. Even was accompanied by my boss the President of my airline. Yup he is that kind of guy. Really into the well being of his employees. He was there to help them better understand how I can no longer do my job as I use to. However, to be safe I introduced him as a friend and co-worker. It still went great.

In the meantime everything got worse wnd worse. Than they call me and ask me abruptly if I have anxiety issues becuase I take Lexapro. I say NO. I take it because it helps me for my pain. Than they hang up.

A couple of months goes by and everything is getting worse and worse than the phone rings and it is them again this time they ask if I need a shrink. Normally Yes (Helllooooo) but I tell them I am closely monitored by my doctor and if she feels I need to go or if I ask to go to a shrink I will. They hang up.

In the meantime everything gets worse and worse. Than finally the big day comes and I get my letter in the mail. Dear blah blah. We are sorry to inform you that even though you are stricken with RSD and am in pain 24/7 and your life sucks just as bad and you can't even wipe your own buttocks anymore we must TURN YOU DOWN because - ready for this? I can still climb a ladder and they feel I can still hop and skip which are not evident of items that would prevent me from doing my job.

Well there! Know what I think. Time to get a attorney. So off I go and I find a great lady here on the Cape in Massachusetts. She shakes her head in disbelief and says Mark I am sorry but you gotta do the Game of Twista. In other words you gotta do it all over again. "Soup To Nuts". Talk about frustration. And she tells me she cannot guarantee me that SSDI won't shoot me down again. What do we have to be these days? Dismembered? Dead? She did say that she has gotten many WOMEN approved with RSD but that it is very very hard to get MEN approved.

So It's off to Sweden for a "Sex Change" first. and than I'll be back for another round of SSDI. You ladies will have to help me come up with a new name. Also where can a gal like me find shoes in a size 15??? Hmmm???

LOL Chin Up!! Love ya all

Mark

"MY MOMMA SAID THERE'D BE DAYS LIKE THIS!!!
ATallOne is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote