View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 07:57 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
Ok here's an off the track thought.

Has anyone mentioned Polycystic Ovary Syndrome.

It can mess with your hormones and once hormones are outta whack well its hard to get them back. And hormones are like a three legged stool with Adrenal, Thyroid and Sex HOrmones and they are all intereconnected and the stool gets lopsided and falls down then they are not in balance.

But PCOS is also connected to insulin resistance and sugar problems that as we know are connected to neuropathy.

And while I doubt this has a connection to you since you are now on birth control pills and likely not having bleeding problems, have yu had your iron and ferritn checked? Low iron and ferritin can also be connected to neuropathy. And low iron affects thyroid synthesis and an out of whack thyroid can also minic neuropathy problems.

LIke I said though since you are on Birth contro pills its unlikley that you are low in iron unless you have trouble absorbing it which can be connected to gastro issues. Howver the low dose pills would tend to make the insulsin and sugar problems worse.

Sorry thats all the throughts I have.

I hope you get to the bottom of it.
They have indeed mentioned PCOS. I have had many tests for it, but apparently I do not meet enough of the qualifications to be diagnosed with it.

That is interesting about the iron. I will have to double check, but I am pretty sure they have tested that numerous times, and my levels are normal. If I find they havent, I will make sure they will. Thank you so much for your thoughts.
Macophile is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote