View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 08:28 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ol'cs View Post
sooner or later the insurance companies won't go near anyone who has PD. These are the kind of blunders that plunders those "rich drug companies" to the point where they won't produce substances here on American soil. It has unseen undercurrents and has potential repercussions that are against us. WE must remain the storehouse of the world's chemical and drug industry. Sure you expect a financial closure in the cases of obvious death and dismemberment (including those for the mind), but don't kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.
ol' cs, thanks for your thoughts. I wonder what other neurotalk members and readers who live in various parts of the globe think about the necessity of your idea of the USA controlling the world's chemical and drug industry. When I'm talking about the implications of the truth being made clear, I realize that challenging the big drug companies could and likely will threaten our economy, since they make higher profits (which continually escalate) that are larger than all the other Fortune 500 industries combined (oops, guess they are rich). But things need to change. Our economy at one point was based on slavery, and that needed to change.

Besides the fact that most of our drugs are manufactured in China anyway (where our notions of quality control don't really apply), why should we remain the storehouse of the world's chemical and drug industry? We spend more on health care - two and a half times per person as any other industrialized nation -and we rank 37th in terms of overall quality of healthcare amongst all the world's nations? Lowest on the list of preventable deaths than any other industrialized nation? We're not doing a good enough job at all, and it seems like there's a lot we could learn from how other countries do things apparently. And the insurance companies already won't touch you if you have PD - and that just ain't good enough either.

And I, for one, have had it with this tiptoeing around the robber barons that uphold our economy. Our way of doing things, medical system, and our very act of consumption has become based significantly on untruths, on fear, on deception.

Yeah, it would shake things up to start holding those holding those golden eggs to start being accountable. That will be difficult for all of us.... But this is only the beginning, and things will get far worse - and soon - unless we develop the moxie to look at how things really are, and demand accountability and justice.
Fiona is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lou_lou (08-29-2008)