View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 09:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Talking No worries

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraceyW View Post
Thanks everyone!

I have no idea what mantra is im afraid?. I've never really been into this alternative stuff, but willing to learn if it helps me in the long run!.

All she asked me to do was to lie flat with my knees bent for 10-20 minutes once a day, with some books at the same height as what she had in the session.....

Im sure your right, my muscles are easily upset on my back and im feeling back to normal today (whatever normal is!)
LOL- No need to be afraid of a mantra. It's just a thought that you say to yourself over and over to change your thought habits. The conscious thought habit changes will eventually affect the unconscious thought habits which theoretically change how your involuntary system acts. It's the main premise behind Alexander technique and why it is so safe- especially for those who have severe physical challenges. An example of a mantra used in some movement work is "My head is light like a balloon." She probably didn't want to scare you if you aren't used to alternative practices but you'll get there soon.
dizzie lizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote