View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 11:02 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default flip flop

Lindy, Very well said and thanks for telling it like it was. If we don't speak up - it may be rough and inconvenient for us, but deadly for many around the globe.

cs, I thought about possible reasons why I would not like these awards or lawsuits. I came up with -
  • Unfortunately, these lawsuits will possibly be used as "reasons" for future halts or cancellation completely of drug development. [as vioxx was used in the gdnf case]
  • They are unique, in that they are about behavior. There are many impulse control behaviors, like the use of the computer. In some situations, it might be which came first, the behavior or the drug? Should I sue for the loss of my marriage and family unit because I am punding too much on the computer? The literature focuses on gambling - there are many other behaviors. The computer is like gambling - in that it provides hits of gratification, that are strong enough for one to keep going after more.
I would love to see the court documents. I would like to know who testified in favor of the company. This thought is followed by a perfect flip flop in thinking that pitches me right with Fiona, Lindy and SCR calling for justice. We may never know who is right - but I'd like to know how they all behaved trying to determine the conclusions.

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 08-05-2008 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Didn't see Bonnie's post - hope this didn't sound insensitive.....paula
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote