View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 11:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Meg, yes it is sad. My newly 16 yr old son has lost a lot of friends to the prescription crowd. Not because they died or anything, yet, but because he chooses to avoid them. His best friend was found od'ed on Xanax in a bathtub full of water with his clothes on not long ago. These kids are getting these meds from their parents who are either addicted and/or not paying attention or parents or other kids who get them and sell them. Not just Xanax either.

I made the mistake of leaving my med drawer on my table one day after loading my pill minders and my son came home with a bunch of his teenage friends while I was gone, unannounced, he was smart enough to keep them from taking any and they were too dumb to know what the generic names were for many of my meds. Otherwise they could have cleaned me out. I will never do that again. I have many pain meds, and psych meds. If I were you I just wouldn't mention it. Obviously they really don't know what it is really like to be ill and have to rely on something like that.

They don't realize that when we have a mental illness we react differently to the meds because our brain chemistry is different. I mean duh, that's why we have to take them.

houghchrst is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote