View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 12:29 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default NJ Physical Therapist & massage therapist who got rid of my pain

2 years, 10 doctors & 5 physical therapists later, the only two people who could help me to become almost pain free again is:

1 )Physical Therapist: Dr. Tom Xenakis
located at
Garden State Spine & Pain Institute, LLC.
1806 Route 35 S.• Oakhurst, New Jersey 07755
(732) 660-1113
gardenstatespine.com

Every visit he spends 15-20 minutes of hands on stretching & massage work with you to address your daily issues, as well as periodically changes your excersise regimin to address new & existing problem areas.

Dr. Tom has truly been a miracle worker for me when no-one or no drugs could help me to get better or relieve my pain He did both .
Tell him Theresa the stewardess sent you

2) Also my therapeutic massage therapist has been a huge part of helping me to get relief from my constant pain. Her name is:
Linda Johnson
(732) 539-4768

she works out of Ocean & Leonardo NJ areas of Monmouth county.

She uses many different techniques (including myofacial release and repetitive use injury therapy) to help relax and relieve my pains & aches.
Tell her Theresa the stewardess sent you

The combination of these 2 peoples techniques have made a huge difference in my life, and my pain level went down from a constant 8 to a minimal 2.
I spend about 1-2 hours per day stretching on my own now and doing strength training excersises that they both recommended me to continue, and am hopefully returning to work the end of this month after 2 years of being stuck with way too much pain.
I do not know if I will be able to work yet, but I find much comfort in knowing I have this team of 2 ( who work independantly from each other, and do not know each other) to be on call for me if I need them again for a recurrence or rise in pain level.

Also someone else I would highly recommend seeing is naturopathic consultant: Eric Sauer
851 West Park Ave.
Ocean, NJ 07712
(732) 695-0277

enzymes.com

He is a nutritionist/naturopath/ compounding pharmacist who treats your whole body holisticly with natural supplements, remedys, etc.
He puts the health back in healthcare & spends his days treating the underlying causes of our conditions and not just the symptoms.

Tell him Theresa the stewardess sent you

My hope is that one or all of these people can help you get relief, as they did me. I know how horrible it is to live with pain, and when we find something or someone that helps we must shout it from the roof tops.

That reminds me:
One more tool that continues to help me stay loose in my body is a 45 min stretch for health video from
mrtherapy.com
Michael Young is the creator & massage therapist in Evergreen, Colorado area who also does therapeutic massages for people with conditions such as tos.
It is made for people with conditions such as ours to help our bodies relax and avoid more injury. It also helps with capral tunnel syndrome too.

Here is a link to other massage therapists in the U.S. who use (Repetitive use injury therapy) to help people like us get relief from tos symptoms.
mrtherapy.com/referrals.html
sweettheresa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DiMarie (08-06-2008)