View Single Post
Old 09-05-2006, 08:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default azilect

husband's physician and the TEVA pharmacist with whom I spoke about food restrictions and rasagiline both maintain that as long as one does not exceed the 2 mgm/day dosage of Azilect, there are no restrictions of tyramine foods. only when one inhibits MAO-A receptors must one worry about tyramine.
and the increased incidence of skin cancer in PD patients was mentioned in the initial literature I read about PD--there were several old inquiries into the dysfunction of neuromelanin and melanin in PD. the research must have not been fruitful--no mention of any of those studies in quite a while. in the meantime, husband gets checked by a dermatologist yearly. if it's not one thing, it's another.
interesting that Dr. Youdim who spoke about rasagiline at the WPC in Feb maintained that one must inhibit both MAO-A and B receptors to affect any changes in Dopamine levels--that the reason rasagiline works is because of a molecule "propargylamine"--not because of its effect upon dopamine levels .
anyone know how to contact CS3???he would know about this. I miss his postings, and am concerned because he was dealing with a major illness in his wife as well as his own PD. does anyone have his email address? I would like to know how he is doing. thanks, madelyn
olsen is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
toyL (09-26-2013)