View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 07:16 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My neuro moved to Florida to take a new job... my GP alas, is one of those who is in and out in seconds but will run tests I want or give meds I want - I can be my own doc. He had a nice caring doc with him that was helpful but he left and frankly, I am just tired of looking for doctors (as again, I search).

I too feel like I let people down and my FIL thinks I am lazy as he thinks I look just fine! You would think that after 12 operations (one brain surgery) he would get the hint but no, he just calls and asks if I am better like it is going to change in a day - it is so aggravating. I have someone help clean, my husband helps cook or we order out or use the microwave if I don't cook. I got reachers, sit as much as I can and all that. I limit what I do or I have forced naps - my body will just shut off and I have to sleep.

The choking is no fun but they tell me that since I do not lose weight, it is not bad... so whatever you do - never get endocrine crud with this as my weight has never been dependent on my intake but far be my real body to interfere with their suppositions.

Hang in there and like Janet said the IVIG takes time so hopefully you will find it makes a difference! It also does seem to come and go so it never seems to stay the same for long - for good or bad.