View Single Post
Old 08-05-2008, 07:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

How long until you start to feel better if gluten is indeed a problem? That varies from person to person. For some they say mere days, for me it was 2-3 months. I had neuro and bowel symptoms. Change was very slow for me so it took time to realize things were better.

It takes two years for your intestines to heal completely but you will feel better looong before then if you are gluten sensitive or celiac. Your intestines will heal themselves as long as you follow the diet completely and don't cheat, even just a little bit.

My blood work always came back negative. I was finally diagnosed when I sent a stool sample to Enterolab. (enterolab.com) Gross I know but it gave me an answer I desperately needed.

I know just how you feel about being sick and tired of being sick and tired. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt made in every color.

This forum is chock full of good information free for the looking. Got more questions? Just ask.

12/02- health world implodes, 11/05- Raynaud's (Brr!), 2/07- celiac, 3/07- gluten free diet

I will survive.

Last edited by JustWeave; 08-06-2008 at 10:10 AM.
JustWeave is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mistiis (10-27-2008)