View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 07:55 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Oh no, no thymectomy. The CT came back and said only moderate tissue. My husband just laughed. ALL my imaging has been incorrect so there is no talking to them but just a few examples - my pituitary MRI for 12 years said 1 tumor on the left... in the end when they did surgery, there were two tumors, one on the left (actually, it was ALL over), and another one on the right. When I had my adrenals removed, I had a CT the day before and it was normal. They were removed and were at least 2x normal size. I had post op pain and so had another CT - the report said... my adrenals were *unremarkable* [this was really stupid since I was there for post op adrenalectomy pain - hello!!!]. Even my hysterectomy imaging missed significant crud that was there and my doc was amazed at all the stuff that was really there and that they missed adenomysis as well the extent of the other stuff they knew I had... he said I was long overdue and was sorry he argued.

So no, I am not going to get a thymectomy (not really bucking for #13 though...) but who knows what is really there.

Ah the upbeat... counts against you... they think personality is health you know... I have a very warped sense of humor to cope - it is the only thing I have left. Thankfully most do not get it but after my pit surgery, I got my surgeon to give me a picture. I sent it out at xmas with a santa hat and eyes on it (the tumor was the beard, the pituitary was his face) and only one person got it... tee hee... on our little xmas update... Now I do not even have the energy to send out cards. But I have lost a lot of weight so everyone thinks I am fine. Fine fine fine fine fine. I look Good! Makes me want to scream.