View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 09:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by artist View Post
Lisa, it sounds like maybe you *should* go back to the doctor, remember that, since each of us is different, juggling the meds is something we can only get right by trial and error. Which means that you try it and if it's not right you report it and try something else.

Also, in the long-term, it doesn't help anyone (most importantly it doesn't help you!) to continue with a regime that's not working - if you're having such a hard time then - hey. you know I'm no doctor - the type of meds or combo isn't working *for you*.

The doctor only knows what you tell them so even though you run the risk of being labelled a complainer (aren't we all!!) and get threatened with the pain psych, if it were me I'd brave it - the doc should be able to see, if they're any good at all, that you are serious, and need to try something extra or different.

Oh yeah, showers are difficult. I muffle the head with cloth and manually guide it by hand, but then the water pressure in my flat is like water cannon

Good luck, the meditation thing is really worth a try too - I think you can get the Shinzhen Young books as tapes, too.

all the best

Thanks, artist...

I see my pain doc again on Monday. I've already seen the pain psych, when I was in PT. I really don't want to "go there" again. I already know all that stuff. I've btdt and truthfully it's not "for me." But, I told Jules I'd try it again, and I promise I will. I'll give it another shot. In fact, I believe I even copied the cd to my computer here at work, so even if I can't find it at home, I know I have it here.

Jules...for your second post....I live in Michigan, Northern Oakland County. I really do like my pain doc and they are supposed to be very good. They do keep doing the "up the scale" with the medications and the protocol...but like all, they have to try certan things first and then add/take away. I've been going 4 months, monday will be 5. I'll talk to her and see what she says. I'll let you guys know what her opinion is on Tuesday.

Hugs to you all...and thank you for being such a great group of people...

LisaM
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote