Thread: Please Help!
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 09:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I am sorry for taking up space on this site. I know my fears are out of whack and I need to trust my GP and Neuro. The reason I came to get feedback here is because you all are the closest to the disease, and understand how it comes about.

I am a hypochondriac, and have been diagnosed with hypochondriasis along with BFS. I am just extremely nervous about my upcoming EMG, next Thursday.

The thing that is bothering me the most is not my muscle twitching, but the weakness I am experiencing in my hand and arm. My GP and Neuro can detect no clinical weakness, but I can feel a difference. I know there is a difference between clinical weakness and perceived weakness. It has been two months since all of my symptoms appeared...wouldn't I see some more progression by this point? I can still lift heavy things, type on the computer, lift weights...etc. It is just the fact that when I do all of those things, my right arm feels like it is having a tougher time.After being to the doctor (many times) and the neuro once, I have been told I do not have any clinical signs of weakness. I am just super afraid that when I get my EMG, something is going to show up that both have missed. What is the probability of that?

Let me go on to say, that I am sorry for frustrating many of you, but do appreciate all the feedback I have been given. Hopefully, after next Thursday, I can put all my fears to rest. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart...and any additional responses would be greatly appreciated!!!

Sincere Thanks,

Tony
arrigoar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote