View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 07:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default A boat put out to sea...

I had an appt with my neuro doc today...in very diplomatic terms he said he couldn't do anything else for me. I felt like he put me in a row boat, pushed me out to sea, without an oar and my boat is leaking!

He did give me a prescription for Cymbalta to take (along with the neurontin, tramadol and amitriptylene I already take) and said to come back in three months. He said that he had checked me for everything and all had come back negative.

I don't know what to do. I did ask if he would refer to someone else and of course he agreed. He also said he would refer me to Mayo. So I guess I'll start again with another doc...

Would you give me your opinion? I live in ATL so there are tons of other neuro docs to see and I could be in that loop forever. Should I start with another local one or get a referral to Mayo or Hopkins? Do you know how long it takes to get into one of them?

I do have copies of my medical records/labs and if anyone was kind enough to provide their opinions I would be thrilled to post them.
Leslie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote