View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 12:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default almost 3 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkletoes View Post
Glad your surgery went well, Dawn.

Keep that hubby busy! Glad he loves you!
It has been almost 3 months since my surgery...I was kind of concerned the first week I was back to work....Had horrible pain right between my shoulder blades and it made my arms numb. Thought we should have done MRI further down and kept thinking about how long it will be before I can take more disability from work for another surgery. I guess I just went back to work too early. After 2 weeks of fright...I was fine. Good as gold now! Still on a 30lb limit and find if I lift a bunch of stuff at 20lb during the day it wears on me. Amazing how I can still over do things. Happy that I only have to pay $233, after my insurance kicked in...or else it would have cost me almost $17,000. This was the best thing I have ever done. People tell me how much better I am moving and I cannot believe how much better I am feeling. I went a full 6 weeks with no voice...amazing how it came back the day before I was scheduled to go back to work!! My vocal fold (right) is still sluggish, but on the mend. Scar looks great!!! If you really look for it, you can see inscision mark, but no discoloration or lumpy scar tissue. I massaged my scar every day (after the dermabond came off) with vitamin E. If I ever have any other problems with my spine...I will surely see the same doctor. He is busy for appointments, but right there for the surgery and right there when it is time to get you home.
dawn8168 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote