View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 02:46 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default generic sinemet and entacapone vs stalevo in cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim0918 View Post
Hi,
I was on stalevo which is sinemet and entacapone. I di not have any negative side effects, on the contrary I loved it. I was only on it for a while and I was in the donut hole on medicare and could not afford it so I've stayed on the generic sinemet. I'm curious as to the high BP many PD meds caution about low BP but I'm not familiar with an cautions pertaining to high BP. By the way I am 41 y/o and have had PD for 11 yrs. I have no other med. problems. What is sinemet plus? Best of luck.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------Damn the donut...how much do you think the drugs executive who had the idea of decimating monetary benefits of plan D earned in astronomical pay?

i find taking stalevo in two pills ( generic sinemet and entacapone) can cost only half brand name STALEVO. mail order sinemet about $.30 per pill and entacapone approx $l each. the entacapone might be taken one to one or with every other generic sinemet depending on results and neurologist's instructions.

i have started taking mucuna only. it is the only med for PD i have found very helpful. dosage amount and timing YOYO ( you are on your own)..
i have amantadine for tremor taking one or two daily or none.
amantadine was my sole PD med for several years. the usual max of 3
gave interesting hallucinations.

davos
davos is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote