View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 10:27 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Alicia I'd definitely give the doc....

a call. Ideally it shouldn't feel that way, and it obviously bothers you enough to post.

I agree with all of jo55's suggestions, check out the spinal forum, find out about other sites to check out, folks here don't diagnose, we aren't docs. We are people who have to live with these med issues daily tho, and I've rarely found an unkind person.

First call the neurosurgeon, or your primary and simply ask...UM, Er, is this NORMAL? If your docs care and take pride in what they do for you, you should get a call back at least [give it about 2-3 days tho, you never know what's going on in the office] After that, call again, wait, then again.

Second opinions are cheap, and with your surgery, your folks won't have to worry too much other than a co-pay for a new doc office visit. HOWEVER, you will have to get copies of your records, films, tests and all that -it can be a hassle to round up. I suggest you have everything in your hands [you mite have to return the films tho] as I've gone to 2nd opinions and NOTHING ever arrived...Besides, you can keep all that stuff for all the rest of your life...you never know when you mite need something-a while down the road.

In the meantime, check out things, make the calls and I sure hope everything works out! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote