View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 10:48 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Red face great article...

You know there is really very little in the body, that does not have a "use" for us. There is the appendix and wisdom teeth and the coccyx bones, but
biochemically there is a reason for everything. It stands to reason that the dream work we do is very important. Look a new babies--they have REM ALOT, and so do other young animals. Plastering our own egos over this physiology is what leads to misinterpretations, I think.

I know for me...sleeping on a problem is very useful. I often solve complex things this way, and get new ideas. I use this for my art work too.

And I know now for myself, over the years, it is best to not expose myself to certain types of visual stimulation. Nature programs with big spiders, snakes, or entertainment that is violent or sadistic... these themes will show up in my dreams. So I try to cushion myself now, since I learned this connection, and avoid them.

Dreams I find fun are
1) food dreams--- I've had these when ill, or on restrictive diets. Big buffets with great food choices! LOL ( I typically don't eat much when ill with viruses colds, etc).

2) for some reason I have garage sale dreams now and then. You know picking up novel, unique things for a very small price in a flea market setting.

3) I have garden dreams too. I have had recurrent ones of the same garden, over the years, and my replanting, moving, changing it. It is a huge garden too! I sometimes dream about moving and trying to decide which plants to take etc.

It is interesting considering my abusive past, and anguish then, I don't have dreams about this much at all anymore. But I did in early adulthood. I take this as a sign of progress away from that trauma.

4) I also have structural dreams involving work sometimes. You know computer stuff, rules, regs etc that get screwed up. I consider these anxiety dreams. (passwords, combinations to safes, locks)

5) Now that my son is older, and on his own, I have started having baby dreams of when he was little. And sometimes I dream about kittens/cats.
And when my husband shows up in a dream he is always younger too.

6) I've had dreams like movies...that seem endless. I've often wondered what they are pointing to? OCD? LOL

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote