View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 10:51 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Melody, a silly question...

Have you brought this up on the spinal boards? I'm sure there are folks there who have probably been thru the 'process' and can give that ever so priceless first hand experience.

I can only speak for myself, but, I just webbed up the procedure and took just a peek...doesn't look too horid, tho any invasive technique is just that...invasive.

About 6 years ago I'd had arthroscopic surgery on a knee, one thought to have either tendon or capsule damage. It seems the processes are the same if it's a calcium or bone deformity or deterioration. In my case, I'd only DENTED the inside of my kneecap in a fall...they roto-rooted the dent smooth and on we go! I was walking [sort of-no races tho] that day and bandage came off in two days. Amazing what they do these days! Golly they even gave me color pics of what they'd done! Not that I had a CLUE of what I was looking at.... Overall I'd gotten four-five tiny holes in/around the knee [none more than a 1/4 in.]...they came at it from lots of different angles? and all were healed and gone in less than a week! Soo, aside from the percocet & it's joyful side effects [on for less than a week] it was a good thing to do in the long run.

BTW the knee issue never was an issue or consideration with my PN-later. But, it was a good surgical experience to have...
It's Alan's choice, I just wish he would check it all out for himself, develop his own sense of where he is [aside from PAIN], so he can decide in an INFORMED manner.

One other thing...Mel - I've a biig chest freezer - you want to send some of that meatloaf? I'll keep it for you. We got it with our house when we bought it, apparently the prior Mrs. was short and kept falling in... Go figger.

Pain free moments to you and all - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote