View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 08:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ah, well I only have a um... supposed diagnosis right now of MG (maybe I should not be here!). I have no antibodies - no musk, no achr, and I failed my EMG... my eyes are fine... so I am not really feeling the MG love so to speak but I failed an SFEMG to the doc said AHA you have it. So they gave me mestinon again which just made me drool and twitch (hubby loved it... not) and then the IVIG which almost killed me and then said, get this, you are MILD, so we are just going to let you stay this way... and when you progress, you find another doc - and he moved to FL. I keep choking - even when I am just sitting back and watching a moving and swallowing is getting to be an issue, so now I am on a doctor hunt. Both my shoulders have been frozen since shortly after my adrenals came out (Dec 2005) so I am fairly useless at home but I don't know of many others that have that issue. I was they think, self treating, with my own steroids (how freaking NICE) with the Cushing's as that is an over-production of corticosteroids and so when that got cut off, my muscles went kaput. So I went from one problem to another.
My muscle biopsy (alas, another scar) show atrophy... I try to do things but... oh well.

Sounds like a nice breakfast! I hope you got some. Good luck at the docs! I see an endo today... fun fun not.