View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 08:26 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member

When pwp and others donate to an organization, what do they expect for their donation? I see a lot of conference-attending, in beautiful places, with first class accommodations, gourmet dinners, and exorbitant fees.

Patients who attend [few as they are] are tolerated. While appreciative to have the opportunity to attend a few, I find that you can get caught up on the latest research pretty quickly. It's great for making contacts, but follow up isn't regular unless you have the funding to make it more so.

So that's just the way it is - the boards are in charge - and we need to struggle along without any money. Letting business get away with spending money that should go to consumers is the American way - so let's just all accept it and go home. We don't want to offend, so we'll just suffer and be happy with what we have.

Does anyone realize that there are just a few patients who are receiving "what we have"? Unless you have your own money. In return, the patients must.....help me out someone, and explain specifically how it improves our health.

That's just the way it is.

paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote