View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 08:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi goodscout, I'm so sorry that you have to go through this PCS. There is light at the end of the tunnel! I suffered from PCS after a bike vs. car accident in May of 07 and am doing much better now. I had similar symtoms as you with the morning headaches and fogginess and some nausea. Last Dec. my neurologist put me on a low dose of Elavil and that helped a lot with headaches. Then in April I found out that I had a misaligned vertebra in my neck and my family doctor sent me to a chiropractor. He did therapy with electrical stimulation and ultasound to losen up the muscles in my upper back and neck. I have to say I was skeptical, but the chiropractor has helped me tremendeously. I am still going ever two weeks. I started to ride my bike again this May and at first some of the PCS symtoms returned for a few days. Now I can ride for 1 1/2 - 2 hours without getting dizzy or foggy. I still get some headpain and tightness and use ice on my neck and do some stretching exercises. I also continue to take 10 mg. of the Elavil.

Hope this helps and you will get better soon.

I just remembered some advice from my chiropractor, he told me to get enough potassium and magnesium in my diet and to eat a small snack (like a banana) before going to bed at night. Muscles can get depleated of nutrients overnight and tighten adding to the morning headaches and heaviness. Drinking sports drinks might help too.

Last edited by Sissy; 08-07-2008 at 11:15 AM. Reason: add
Sissy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote