View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 11:24 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Placement

Dawn a lot of it is placement and shape.

For example, I take my patches, but the in half, place one over each trap. I use to round the edges a bit not to catch clothing.

I also take one patch and place it on the "Hump." The cervcal area that is tender. This one I wear at night after my bath.

The daytime, I wear one for the lumbar, across the small of my back. It seems that the patches are much smaller then when I first used them 5-6 years ago, even the thickness seems smaller.

IF you use it on the arm or leg you may want to try an ace bandage wrap to hold it on. Make sure there are no lotions on the skin.

Another tip; In our Eckard's, now they are being bought out by CVS so maybe there too you can find these off name brand Thermacare patches. THey use body heat. I don't have one handy, but they are next to the thermacare and have three in the box. They normally were about $2.99, they ahd them on special a few weeks ago for $1.00 for pack.

Salonas patches I used too, but I think I like the biofreeze roll on better.

Some have tried capacesine. Now with this you DO NOT use it like suntan lotion. It is a pea size and place it near the area flared. IF it si my hands and palm, I place near my wrist, if upper arm, then the shoulder joint indented spot, the knee, along side the hinge. Justa trace.

It confuses the enrves and they mix up the signals to the brain for the chronic pain, and forget it for awhile. Has helped me a lot for nerve pain flares.
Di

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote