View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 11:53 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Dawn...do you have the LARGE Lidoderm patches? Let me grab mine and measure....okay, it says 10 cm x 14 cm on the package...is that the same size you have?

I usually only wear mine at night. I put them on when I get home from work at about 5 pm and take it off when I get up at 5 a.m. so I only have to worry about it at night when I'm not as active. But...I wear my fentanyl patches for 2 full days, and perhaps this trick will work for you if you can find a size that will work for the lidoderm patches....

If you aren't using an extra large patch, but rather are either cutting those, or using smaller ones, the ONLY thing that holds my patches on are the nexcare "absolute waterproof bandages." They are a tad expensive...about $5 for 5 bandages, but they are FAR WORTH the price. So, if you can either CUT the patches to a smaller size, or find a waterproof bandage to put over the top of the large patch, that would be a great help. Or even a waterproof TAPE. I've found just using REGULAR medical tape doesn't work half as well as using waterproof.

Also, a huge help is washing the area you are goign to be putting hte patch on with alcohol first. BUT BE SURE that you either check with the pharmacist, your doctor, or read the package insert FIRST. Some of these medications that come in a patch say NOT to wash the area with alcohol first. If you can, that's a huge help cuz it gets off the "skin oils" that are there. If you bathe first, that actually HARMS the sticking, cuz most of our soaps contain lotion, that cause the patch NOT to stick...so using hte alcohol would remove that lotion and our skin oils.

Hope this helps

Hugs
LisaM
LisaM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote