View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 06:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Re: Mirapex

The saddest thing for me while I was going through the Mirapex take-down was that I was so sick that I couldn't spend time with my mother who died last October at 87. She was in a assisted care home 270 miles away, lonely for my company as I was hers. I hardly saw her at all the last two years of her life when she needed me the most. I finally made arrangements for a ride to Victoria to surprise her on a Thursday, she died Tuesday, two days before I got there.

The appalling behaviour from my health team, one being a neurologist I had been seeing for ten years to suddenly decide I was a difficult patient and didn't know what I was talking about (I kept telling them what was happening to me) was the last thing I expected or needed. He told me that one of the reasons I was picked for the Clinical Drug Trial was because I was an organized, credible person. It was all about his ego.

When he saw me after I lost the 25 pounds he had one of his assistants telephone me to tell me that he had empathy for me and realized I had been through a very rough time. I was told to be kind to myself, that the way back was going to be slow and would take a long time. Too little, too late.

Interesting enough my GP showed me a warning letter sent out recently from the Movement Disorder Centre, that he heads, warning doctors who were treating patients with pd to be aware of the adverse affect Mirapex had on a certain percent of patients. Too late to prevent what I went through.

Bonnie

Last edited by smithclayriley; 08-08-2008 at 06:55 AM. Reason: personal
smithclayriley is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote