View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 06:39 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default My Neuro Appt (long)

Today was my 4-month follow-up. The good news, my bloodwork is good. I test regularly because I'm taking Imuran and possible liver problems.

You may have noticed my slowdown in participation. I've been struggling due to the heat/humidity worse then ever. I'm not sleeping, yet exhausted, the hands' hypersensitivity has added the legs/feet now too. So after giving a rundown of new sx, to the NP, the doc comes in to see me.

She has been stumped by me since day one (over a decade), my hands have always been a huge issue. Many MS'ers have the legs/feet. Not me, I never could follow the crowd. So, I suggested going back to one of the original meds I dismissed (early in my treatment) immediately due to sleepiness. I've got so many meds that do that, I handle it alot better now. Not working has also made it easier to not have to be at the top of my game constantly.

She starts looking through my book of a file and I ask her about upping my Trileptal (anti-siezure) since it helps the tinglies which have worsened too. She's like great, lets do it.

So then I ask about going back on Wellbutrin, the only med to give me any real hand relief. I figured (without a medical degree) that since I'm on anti-siezure med and upping it, why not.

Backstory, I had a siezure in 2002 while on it. Noone had a reason so Wellbutrin was axed and the search for a replacement began.

Since then I've learned via another neuro that siezures seem to be a component of my MS. So my doc says we can do that too. There is a slower acting version available.

So they are removing Wellbutrin from my medical no-no record. I've started ramping up, today with the Trileptal. After getting that stable, I can fill and try the Wellbutrin.

It's not LDN (she still says no) but maybe I can start feeling better soon. My brain keeps locking up and I'm finding it extremely frustrating to say the least.

I've not given up on LDN. I just tabled it until I feel better. That's it from here. I'm going to lie down for a bit and watch the Browns game.

's

Breathe In HOPE, Breathe Out DETERMINATION
MSacorn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FinLady (08-08-2008), Jodylee (08-08-2008)