View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 11:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Idas, I too remember when you first posted about your MIL... I am sorry you are going through this now. It is very difficult to handle. When my gram had a massive heart attack. My mother couldn't cope with it and wasn't even able to go to the hospital to see her. Us grandkids had to make the tough call of following out her wishes of no surgery and allowing the doctor to give her extra morphine to ease her pain and let her suffering end quicker.

It was so hard at the time, some of us wanted her to have the surgery, even though the doctor told us there was no hope and she wouldn’t survive it. Some of us insisted her wishes were honored and she not suffer a needless surgery. It was hard on all of us, no one loved her more or less, we just each handled it the best we could. In the end, we tearfully and jointly agreed to let grams go. I still miss her greatly, but I have no regrets for the peace we were able to give her in the end. She deserved nothing less.

You are a remarkable person for caring for your MIL so lovingly. It is a hard road you face, keep posting and know we are here for you

More Than One Soul Dies In A Suicide

Nik-key is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
weegot5kiz (08-08-2008)