View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 07:26 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Maile ~ When I was diagnosed with epilepsy in 1990 I was living with my active duty husband on an Air Force Base in North Dakota and had a ND drivers license. The AF doctor said it was law that he suspend a drivers license but because I wasn't ........ yadda yadda.
My license wasn't taken but I was FORBIDDEN to drive. It's a miserable and difficult way to live but I did it. I was terrified to take a chance of seizing while behind the wheel.

Later I was "allowed" legally to drive until after brain surgery in 2007 and I was forbidden again by the Missouri (our current home) state law of 12 months without a seizure.
Every state has a tight law that states how long you must be without a seizure before you can legally drive again.

Another scary thing is if you go ahead and drive and pay your car insurance, it's possible that your insurance can say you were cheating and don't have to pay in case of an accident.

I hope I've helped a bit instead of being too negative. I do realize how truly sad/bad/difficult this is. I am so sorry.

I wrote this a couple times before I posted it because it sounds so .... well, I've dealt with it too. I know how it feels. I also know that a neighbor, a friend, a church member, somebody will step into line to help.
Wren is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote