View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lor View Post
Could anybody perhaps tell me why my hanging fuscha gets blossoms but they never open. They dry out & die. It's not that I don't water it, I do. Some of the leaves dry up too. I spray it too...not alot.
Fuschia's tend to be heat, water, and environmental tempermental. They don't like afternoon sun, they don't like to be too wet, and they are don't a windy location. Any one of these can be causing them not to open. In addition, they need a good fertilizer to bloom.

If they are in a hanging basket and you are watering, and not putting a balanced fertilizer in the water each time you water, all the nutrients are leaching out.

Cut back the plant, get some Osmocote, which is time released fertilizer, and then each time you water, add a fertilizer to the water and make sure the plants are not getting afternoon sun.

Fuschia's do well in a shady area with filtered sun.

If you read the gardening thread, I provided a link to someone else who had asked about fuschias.

Good luck, Lor, fuschias are beautiful, but can be very tempermental.

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote