View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 02:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Congratulations to all those with anniversaries and impending marriages.

I wish the best to everyone with health issues and remodeling probs and anything/everything else.

These last couple months have been long and stressful. I've been in and out of town helping out my ex-husband who had bypass surgery with mitral valve repair in August and went downhill from there. In and out of hospitals - 5 different hospitals, one of them twice. Complications of the surgery, the bad heart, and reactions to meds (he was on 15 different meds after the first surgery! ) Not quite 2 weeks ago the doctors told us if he didn't get a heart transplant he would die within a week. Last Thursday he got a new heart!! He's only had it for a week, but he's doing wonderful!! His new heart took over with very little help from the docs. He's tolerating his meds very well, his skin is a nice normal pinkish color (it was gray and he looked about 150 years old). His breathing is back to normal and so is his eyesight. He says he hasn't felt this good in years. He's ready to take on the world again!

On top of all that, my car started giving out on me, and my hours have been cut back at work. But, I now have another car. Parts of the body are held together with duct tape but it runs good. And it was free. I have a job interview on Tuesday, and a few other places to send my resume. Things are starting to look up all the way around.

So, now maybe I will have time to get some of my research and recipes posted here. I'm working on a cracker recipe - I want to make it one more time before I post it.
myst is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote