View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 02:30 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Friend2U,

I hope you are feeling better and your vertigo has settled down. It sounds like your Neuro is on top of it giving you the patch behind your ear.

I had 3 MRI's when I was being diagnosed and my last MRI in 1994 showed 3 brainstem lesions and several other lesions elsewhere. I haven't had anymore MRI's because I have a pacemaker so I have no clue what my brain looks like now.

I really can't tell you what is brainstem related. I just don't know but I think some of my symptoms are related to brainstem lesion. The best thing for you to do is to ask your Neuro. I have asked my Neuro about several MS symptoms in the past and she has told me what part of the brain is causing them.

I do have dizziness, vertigo, imbalance, double vision, blurry vision and many more symptoms. I get different answers on whether my back problems, migraines and heart problems are from MS. I think they are since they all started at the time my MS became apparent but I'm not a doctor. LOL

I have a pacemaker because my heart rate went so low that is was trying to stop beating and I also developed arrhythmias. I take meds daily for the arrhythmias. Whether this is an MS symptom is up in the air depending on which doctor I talk to.

My Cardiologist/Electrophysiologist thinks it is but my Neuro is not sold on it. She says it could be but not everything that goes wrong with us is MS related. There is not really any data to support it as an MS symptom.

It is different for all of us so it's hard to know and no matter what symptoms we have they still have to be treated. It seemed logical to me that my heart problems were from the brainstem lesions but who knows.

My old Cardiologist who treated me for 14 years, retired last Sept., and he used to smile when I would tell him that I thought my heart, back and migraines were MS related. I wanted everything to make sense and put it in a little package as MS related. He always smiled at me and said it didn't matter, it still had to be treated whether it is MS or not.

Nothing about MS makes sense. I hope you feel better soon.

Hugs,
Becky

IMAGINE
RRMS - 1992 -- SPMS - 1993
Not on DMD's

Becky21 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Friend2U (08-14-2008), SandyC (08-08-2008)