View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 04:41 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Frown Burning pain at mid-back

I've been having mid back pain for awhile now and pain right on my mid spine. It's gotten worse the past few days after being awake for a short while. It now also involves the burning nerve pain I get in my feet and other places at times and increased spasticity in my back.

I've told my neuro about the mid spine pain and that I thought I had to have some lesions on my spinal cord. I requested more than once an MRI of my spine, mostly because I've never had an MRI of my spine ever and the back pain I get. He flat out told me, " You don't need an MRI of your spine." I had a MRI of my brain in May and there were no enhancing lesions. I've been on Copaxone since October of 1999. ( one month after my official diagnosis)

I'm on a low dose of Neurontin, 300 mg 3 or 4 times a day. I'm taking Baclofen also , but only 5 mg @ bedtime. I can increase it to 10 mg twice a day which is what the prescription says. I didn't want to take the full dose because I'm afraid of weakness from it, on top of my other symptoms that wouldn't be good.

Anyhow, my question is, Do you all think that my increase in back pain and burning pain is a lesion on my spinal cord flaring up? Tips on what I can do to be more comfortable? I'm taking 800mg of Ibuprofen and it helps some. Thank you whoever read all this. I'm so glad I have you all to come to and who totally understand what I'm going through. ( Of course, I wish none of us had to go through this stuff.) Please know how much I appreciate you all and your input.
Desinie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote