View Single Post
Old 08-08-2008, 06:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

As a "newbie", I can testify to the utility of PLM, simply because it IS "fluff" and "social". Many of the participants seem to come from smaller communities, with little in the way of support systems or coping mechanisms--the PLM site fills a REAL need here, IMHO, providing nonjudgemental contacts and support. Now, whether there are "hidden agendas" on the part of those who actually manage the site, that might be another matter and one I haven't encountered, yet.

PLM provides a boost for many up the Maslow Triangle; whether they turn into "leaders" or not, at least they can feel better about themselves and their predicaments.

Stan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pegleg View Post
Jean said: "I have visited there but never found a reason to stay. I regard the site as "fluff." I know Carolyn has tried to bring up the level of discussion about treatments, PD in the news, etc. But people there aren't interested. "

PLM is a bit odd, I will admit, and very social. I see NT as the place the intellectuals good, while PLM is most of a social board. they are not all newly diagnosede, but most if not all are not invovlede in the PD community in the way that the majority of this board are.

I have tried, but I fall on deaf ears. You WILL NOT find this kind of discussion on the PLM board(s). It will not happen.

Will edit to add more later in the evening. Off to YOPN dinner.
Splanton is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote