View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 04:49 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Answers to my symptoms

I no longer have those strange symptoms which I understand were migraines without headaches. That diagnosis was made by a neurologist. At first I thought he was shining me on but then everything made sense.

I first got these strange symptoms the same day I was hospitalized for Thyrotoxicosis on Mother's Day weekend. They were mild then but worsened as the days past. Then as my TSH raised above 0.20 to 0.46 my migraines disappeared. Boy was I thankful! No more dizziness, smelling strange odors, nausea, stuffed head feeling, etc.

Although, I do have one remaining strange symptom - a painful right ear lobe. I think my TSH is still too low for me but I couldn't convince my primary or endo doctors. They wanted me to stay on my current dose. When I exercise I get sore thighs and shoulders. From what I've read, those are the two areas which weaken with HYPERthyroidism. That's what leads me to believe I am still HYPER. I also have a faster than normal heart rate. Normal for me sitting up resting is 54. I'm currently running between 62 and 72. But no doctor is listening to me. AARGH!

I'm scheduled for tests this next week. Maybe they'll listen then when the doctors see the TSH is too low and hear my laundry lists of symptoms.
StuffedHead is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote