View Single Post
Old 08-09-2008, 09:32 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Yeah, well if any woman ever tells you that you have no idea about pain because you've never had to deliver a baby . . . you can laugh in their face. "HA!!!", you can say.

I have had two natural births, and was drip induced with both. I had 52 hrs or labor with one, and 36 with the other. Yeah, it hurt . . . but absolutely pales in comparison to a bad TM attack.

I think the hardest part is how long it lasts. At least with labor, it's over in hours to days . . . but with this, it goes on excruciatingly for WEEKS, and you can't escape it with pain relief. The other hard part is the "overstimulation" of sensations that are going on . . . the mind just goes on overload.

I was thinking the other day, they should probably just put us in an induced coma for about 6 weeks, like they do burn victims. When I have had other bad pain (like with the botched LP), at least I was so doped up I didn't know what was going on most of the time. Also, it's kinda like we have an out of body experience when we have very bad "normal" pain . . . but with this neurological stuff, there is just NO escaping it, it seems.

Just a week or two more, and it WILL get easier and easier from then on . . . .

Cherie
"Thanks for this!" says:
Gazelle (08-10-2008), Lisalu (05-28-2012)