View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Senior Member (jccglutenfree)

15 yr Member
Default Sjogrens - Mouth Symptoms?

Hi!

Question for you all! My sister has been experiencing sore mouth and sore tongue since the beginning of September. She has been to her doctor and dentist, and they both came up with nothing.

She thought it might be thrush, because she thought it looked a little coated..but the doctor said no.

She did ask to be tested for B12 deficiency and Celiac Disease, and she does have autoimmune thyroid disease.

I did think of Sjogrens because she does have Hashimoto's thyroid disease... but what I don't know is if the dry mouth symptoms can be painful/hurt. Do you think she should be tested for Sjogrens, or look another direction?

Thanks for any input.

Cara

P.S. Check this out. I don't really want to join this forum just to ask a question for my sister, but someone forwarded this to me because of the discussion about gluten! I'm thinking that's our Billye??
http://sjogrensworld.org/forums/index.php?topic=628.0

It is very interesting to hear doctors are recommending this. Debinaz who has posted on the subject was able to reverse her anti-ANA antibodies to negative with dietary changes...as well as control her Sjogren's and seizures.. by removing gluten (any actually quite a number of other foods problematic for her).

Last edited by jccgf; 11-12-2006 at 11:16 PM.
jccgf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote